Baptist appeals Novant Health's Clemmons, NC, hospital
Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center has appealed a state decision to grant conditional approval to Novant Health for a new hospital in Clemmons, NC. In December, North Carolina regulators conditionally approved Novant's plans for a 50-bed, $96 million hospital in Clemmons. State officials in August had previously granted conditional approval to Wake Forest Baptist to build a new 50-bed, $100 million replacement for Davie County Hospital less than five miles away in Advance.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts