Cleveland Clinic selects medical school dean as chief executive of Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi
Cleveland Clinic has announced Andrew Fishleder, MD's appointment as chief executive officer of Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi. Fishleder will head up the Clinic's first overseas outpost as part of its plan to extend the Clinic's brand. The deal with the government-owned Mubadala Development Co. was announced in 2006. Mubadala will pay for construction costs, equipping the hospital and staff salaries. The Clinic has no capital risk, but instead will transfer its culture, its standards, and its model of healthcare.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- Rise of the Chief Strategy Officer