Obama signs SCHIP bill
The House gave final approval to a bill extending health insurance to millions of low-income children, and President Obama signed it later in the day. Obama hopes it is the first in what will be many steps to guarantee coverage for all Americans. Since August 2007, the House has voted at least seven times for legislation to expand the State Children's Health Insurance Program, but prior efforts were thwarted by the Bush White House.
- Providers Lag as Consumers Set Agenda
- Look Beyond Nurse-Patient Ratios
- Esther Dyson Launches Population Health Challenge
- Reform Puts Vise Grips on Physicians
- Crisis Spurs Healthcare Payment Reform in Arkansas
- Hospital Groups Back NQF Report on Patient Sociodemographics
- ICD-10 Delay Alters Provider, Vendor Prep
- NPP Demand Rising Under Value-Based Care Models
- Medicare Opt-Out a Viable Physician Strategy
- Reduce Readmissions by Activating Patients to Do 'Self-Care'