Massachusetts hospitals strike deal
Tufts Medical Center and MetroWest Medical Center announced they will collaborate to provide advanced pediatric care in MetroWest's Framingham (MA) Union Hospital. Doctors from the Floating Hospital for Children in Boston will boost the pediatrics department at Framingham Union Hospital with staff to oversee general care and with specialists for premature babies and children with complex medical needs. The arrangement will allow MetroWest to care for infants and children with more serious conditions, instead of referring them to academic medical centers in Boston.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers