Massachusetts hospitals strike deal
Tufts Medical Center and MetroWest Medical Center announced they will collaborate to provide advanced pediatric care in MetroWest's Framingham (MA) Union Hospital. Doctors from the Floating Hospital for Children in Boston will boost the pediatrics department at Framingham Union Hospital with staff to oversee general care and with specialists for premature babies and children with complex medical needs. The arrangement will allow MetroWest to care for infants and children with more serious conditions, instead of referring them to academic medical centers in Boston.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'