Tennessee governor believes he isn't a candidate for Obama's health secretary
Tennessee Gov. Phil Bredesen said he doesn't expect to be nominated to be secretary of the Department of Health and Human Services. Bredesen said he has no meetings scheduled to talk about the job with Obama administration officials. His name began appearing on lists of possible candidates for the job after President Barack Obama's first choice, former Senate Majority Leader Tom Daschle of South Dakota, withdrew.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Rural Healthcare Can Entice the Best and Brightest
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- How Medical Debt Forgiveness Benefits Hospitals