Tennessee governor believes he isn't a candidate for Obama's health secretary
Tennessee Gov. Phil Bredesen said he doesn't expect to be nominated to be secretary of the Department of Health and Human Services. Bredesen said he has no meetings scheduled to talk about the job with Obama administration officials. His name began appearing on lists of possible candidates for the job after President Barack Obama's first choice, former Senate Majority Leader Tom Daschle of South Dakota, withdrew.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Transforming Cancer Care
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013