Gov. Sebelius, Kansas GOP fight over healthcare
AP/Yahoo News, February 23, 2009
Kansas Gov. Kathleen Sebelius once called on lawmakers to bring health coverage to all state residents, and legislators largely ignored her. The Democrat has supported proposals to increase tobacco taxes to pay for healthcare initiatives, and lawmakers never seriously considered them. Her record on healthcare is getting renewed attention because she's viewed in Washington as a leading candidate for health and human services secretary.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Rise of the Chief Strategy Officer