Gov. Sebelius, Kansas GOP fight over healthcare
AP/Yahoo News, February 23, 2009
Kansas Gov. Kathleen Sebelius once called on lawmakers to bring health coverage to all state residents, and legislators largely ignored her. The Democrat has supported proposals to increase tobacco taxes to pay for healthcare initiatives, and lawmakers never seriously considered them. Her record on healthcare is getting renewed attention because she's viewed in Washington as a leading candidate for health and human services secretary.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US