Hernando County, FL, hospitals feel pressure as unemployment rises, medical coverage declines
St. Petersburg Times, February 23, 2009
As the unemployment rate climbs in Hernando County, FL so has the number of county residents without medical coverage. However, toward the end of 2008, all three hospitals in Hernando County found themselves with fewer patients, and ultimately laying off staff.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts