Nemours breaks ground for Children's Hospital in Florida
Construction on Nemours Children's Hospital kicked off on Wednesday with a ceremonial groundbreaking at the hospital's 60-acre site in Florida's Lake Nona. If all goes as planned, Nemours will have the foundation for the seven-story building in place by August, officials said. The first phase of construction, which includes the main hospital, a 900-space parking garage, and other ancillary buildings, should be done in 2012. Nemours faced staunch opposition from Orlando Health and Florida Hospital in 2005 when it first proposed the region's third pediatrics hospital. But the nonprofit reached an agreement with its competitors in 2007 and got final state approval in 2008 to build the new facility.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts