Nemours breaks ground for Children's Hospital in Florida
Construction on Nemours Children's Hospital kicked off on Wednesday with a ceremonial groundbreaking at the hospital's 60-acre site in Florida's Lake Nona. If all goes as planned, Nemours will have the foundation for the seven-story building in place by August, officials said. The first phase of construction, which includes the main hospital, a 900-space parking garage, and other ancillary buildings, should be done in 2012. Nemours faced staunch opposition from Orlando Health and Florida Hospital in 2005 when it first proposed the region's third pediatrics hospital. But the nonprofit reached an agreement with its competitors in 2007 and got final state approval in 2008 to build the new facility.
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion