Nemours breaks ground for Children's Hospital in Florida
Construction on Nemours Children's Hospital kicked off on Wednesday with a ceremonial groundbreaking at the hospital's 60-acre site in Florida's Lake Nona. If all goes as planned, Nemours will have the foundation for the seven-story building in place by August, officials said. The first phase of construction, which includes the main hospital, a 900-space parking garage, and other ancillary buildings, should be done in 2012. Nemours faced staunch opposition from Orlando Health and Florida Hospital in 2005 when it first proposed the region's third pediatrics hospital. But the nonprofit reached an agreement with its competitors in 2007 and got final state approval in 2008 to build the new facility.
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- Cleveland Clinic Partners with North Shore-LIJ for Heart Care