On health, President Obama takes team approach
In separating the roles of health czar and health secretary, President Obama is adding to an already large stable of experts who will help him in his effort to overhaul the healthcare system. But it was not immediately clear who would dominate, or who would corral members of the ever-growing team, with their varying viewpoints. While all the players agree that the goal is providing affordable health insurance to all, they have expressed different ideas about how to get there.
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013