Temporary outside director named for Towson, MD-based St. Joseph
Baltimore Sun, March 3, 2009
The board of directors for Towson, MD-based St. Joseph Medical Center has appointed an outside executive to run the Towson hospital during a federal investigation of its financial dealings with an affiliated doctors group. Beth O'Brien, senior vice president for operations at the Denver-based Catholic Health Initiative, which owns St. Joseph and 71 other hospitals, was named to the post. Three unnamed hospital executives have stepped down from their jobs to avoid a conflict of interest during the inquiry.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US