Temporary outside director named for Towson, MD-based St. Joseph
Baltimore Sun, March 3, 2009
The board of directors for Towson, MD-based St. Joseph Medical Center has appointed an outside executive to run the Towson hospital during a federal investigation of its financial dealings with an affiliated doctors group. Beth O'Brien, senior vice president for operations at the Denver-based Catholic Health Initiative, which owns St. Joseph and 71 other hospitals, was named to the post. Three unnamed hospital executives have stepped down from their jobs to avoid a conflict of interest during the inquiry.
- Why Is Healthcare Price Transparency So Hard?
- Two-Midnights Rule Spells Grim Financial Forecast for Hospitals
- Researchers Link ICD-10 Shift to Financial Losses
- EHR Spending Continues, But Jury Still Out on ROI
- 5 Hot Healthcare Ideas from SXSW
- The Trouble with Hospital Price Transparency
- Hospital Groups Strike Back at Hospital Rating Systems
- 4 Marketing Tactics for Hospitals on Instagram
- Hospital CEO Turnover Hits Record High
- Adverse Events from Insulin Prescribing 'An Epidemic'