Residents appeal Seattle Children's Hospital review
The Laurelhurst Community Club has appealed Seattle's environmental impact statement for Seattle Children's Hospital's proposed expansion plan. The proposed hospital expansion would more than double the number of beds and building sizes on the hospital's 22-acre campus and the 1.8 acres facing it. Laurelhurst residents appealed the environmental impact review to the Seattle Hearing Examiner, saying it: "understates the expansion's harmful impacts, including gridlock, and refuses to study any compromise alternatives that would help prevent them."
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts