City of Angels Medical Center official pleads guilty in kickback scheme
The former senior vice president of City of Angels Medical Center pleaded guilty today to paying illegal kickbacks to recruiters who referred homeless patients from skid row to the hospital, where they received unnecessary health services. Dante Nicholson, 51, was the third person convicted in a widespread scheme to pay illegal kickbacks and defraud Medicare and Medi-Cal by recruiting homeless people from the skid row area in downtown Los Angeles.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers