Mexico the new dental destination
Los Algodones, Mexico, population 4,000, is home to about 350 dentists geared to foreign patients. Their treatment comes at a huge discount—70% or more—from what Americans pay at home, a reality that many patients call an indictment of U.S. healthcare. But U.S. medical authorities warn that Los Algodones is a medical Wild West, an unregulated environment where substandard providers can do not have the same oversight that exists in the United States.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- Transforming Cancer Care
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms