Date set for health nominee's confirmation hearing
The Senate Finance Committee has scheduled a confirmation hearing on April 2 for Gov. Kathleen Sebelius of Kansas, who is President Obama's nominee for secretary of Health and Human Services. The withdrawal of Tom Daschle as Obama's original nominee for health secretary was one of the first major setbacks for the new administration, and the delay in confirming Governor Sebelius to the post has only heightened concerns that Obama's healthcare agenda has been slowed by personnel issues.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- 'Terrible' Patient Becomes Dedicated Nurse
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus