Prince William Health System to join NC-based Novant
Prince William Health System plans to merge with North Carolina-based Novant Health, which has pledged more than $200 million to help the Manassas, VA, hospital meet the demands of a fast-growing county. The deal comes less than a year after Inova Health System abandoned plans to merge with the Manassas hospital. After that deal fell apart, Prince William Health System studied 20 potential partners and settled on Novant. The two systems will complete the partnership structure, as well as necessary regulatory approvals, over the next several months. The merger is expected to be done this fall.
- ICD-10 Delay Alters Provider, Vendor Prep
- Providers Lag as Consumers Set Agenda
- Payment Reform Naysayers 'Better Wake Up'
- Crisis Spurs Healthcare Payment Reform in Arkansas
- HIT Leaders Want Flexibility, Transparency from Next HHS Chief
- Esther Dyson Launches Population Health Challenge
- As Hospitalist Patient Loads Rise, So Do Hospital Costs
- Advance Directives: Let's Make a Law
- Reduce Readmissions by Activating Patients to Do 'Self-Care'
- Hire Care Coordinators Strategically