Colleges at odds over Louisiana hospital authority
New Orleans Times-Picayune, March 30, 2009
With Charity Hospital shuttered and the old University Hospital retooled after Hurricane Katrina, does the legal entity comprising the two facilities and linking several local universities still exist? Or is the Louisiana State University System, by itself, now running a new, temporary entity in the former University Hospital building? Competing answers have led to a deadlock over whether and how LSU should share authority of the hospital with other stakeholders whose faculty and students work in the facility.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers