IL-based Advocate drops deal for Rockford Memorial Hospital
Chicago Tribune, April 1, 2009
Advocate Health Care, the Chicago area's largest provider of medical care with nine hospitals, has announced that there will be no merger with the parent of Rockford Memorial Hospital. Advocate and Rockford Health System agreed to let expire their letter of intent to explore a merger.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- CMS Releases Hospital Pricing Data