Health critic brings a past and a wallet
Richard L. Scott is a rich, conservative investor willing to spend freely on a political cause. He is starring in his own rotation of advertisements against the broad outlines of President Obama's healthcare plans. He has also dispatched camera crews to other countries to document the perils of socialized medicine. Scott visited with lawmakers on Capitol Hill, and his new group, Conservatives for Patients' Rights, has hired a leading conservative public relations firm to help with the effort.
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'