Health critic brings a past and a wallet
Richard L. Scott is a rich, conservative investor willing to spend freely on a political cause. He is starring in his own rotation of advertisements against the broad outlines of President Obama's healthcare plans. He has also dispatched camera crews to other countries to document the perils of socialized medicine. Scott visited with lawmakers on Capitol Hill, and his new group, Conservatives for Patients' Rights, has hired a leading conservative public relations firm to help with the effort.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- Esther Dyson's Population Health Dream