Jefferson Parish, LA, hospitals try to cut costs
New Orleans Times-Picayune, April 2, 2009
Seeking to help two publicly owned hospitals reduce millions of dollars in annual operating losses, the Jefferson Parish (LA) Council formed a committee to study ways the hospitals can work together to cut costs. The committee will issue a recommendation by May 20 on the feasibility of forming a parishwide hospital service district to oversee cost-saving agreements between East Jefferson General Hospital and West Jefferson Medical Center. The two hospitals would remain independent and retain their existing hospital service district boards, Council Chairman Tom Capella said.
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion