UPMC joins health network for military
Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, April 6, 2009
In the wake of controversy over its previous decision not to have the bulk of its hospitals belong to the health insurance network for U.S. military personnel, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center has announced that it is joining the Tricare Network. UPMC said it is formalizing "the existing practice of treating military personnel and their families throughout its system" who are insured through the Tricare Network, which is administered in the north region of the country by Health Net Federal Services LLC.
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- States Without Medicaid Expansion Search for Alternatives