Planners OK Encinitas, CA, hospital expansion
San Diego Union-Tribune, April 6, 2009
The Encinitas, CA, Planning Commission has unanimously approved a massive expansion of Scripps Memorial Hospital-Encinitas, despite complaints from some neighbors. The $200 million expansion would increase Scripps Memorial's inpatient beds to 226 from 138 and emergency room beds to 27 from 12. The project would add buildings dedicated to critical care and acute care.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- Esther Dyson's Population Health Dream
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations