Planners OK Encinitas, CA, hospital expansion
San Diego Union-Tribune, April 6, 2009
The Encinitas, CA, Planning Commission has unanimously approved a massive expansion of Scripps Memorial Hospital-Encinitas, despite complaints from some neighbors. The $200 million expansion would increase Scripps Memorial's inpatient beds to 226 from 138 and emergency room beds to 27 from 12. The project would add buildings dedicated to critical care and acute care.
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion