World Health Organization calls for disaster-proof hospitals
The World Health Organization has called on governments to make their hospitals disaster-proof, nearly a year after a massive earthquake devastated parts of southwest China— including scores of hospitals. The message was driven home by the situation in central Italy, where a powerful earthquake killed more than 150 people and leaving tens of thousands homeless.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- Esther Dyson's Population Health Dream