World Health Organization calls for disaster-proof hospitals
The World Health Organization has called on governments to make their hospitals disaster-proof, nearly a year after a massive earthquake devastated parts of southwest China— including scores of hospitals. The message was driven home by the situation in central Italy, where a powerful earthquake killed more than 150 people and leaving tens of thousands homeless.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- States Rejecting Medicaid Expansion Forgo Billions in Federal Funds
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?