Gunman kills two and takes own life at Long Beach Memorial Medical Center
A pharmacy technician showed up for work at Long Beach Memorial Medical Center in California on April 16 brandishing two handguns, killed his boss and another manager and then fatally shot himself, witnesses said. The shootings sent panicked patients, visitors, and hospital workers running for cover as the agitated gunman stalked the corridors in search of his victims.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Rise of the Chief Strategy Officer