Gunman kills two and takes own life at Long Beach Memorial Medical Center
A pharmacy technician showed up for work at Long Beach Memorial Medical Center in California on April 16 brandishing two handguns, killed his boss and another manager and then fatally shot himself, witnesses said. The shootings sent panicked patients, visitors, and hospital workers running for cover as the agitated gunman stalked the corridors in search of his victims.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- CA Fines 8 Hospitals for Medical Errors
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts