Johns Hopkins acquires suburban hospital
The Johns Hopkins Health System Corporation announced hat it will acquire Suburban Hospital in Bethesda, MD, to convert the Montgomery County hospital into a Hopkins subsidiary. The new relationship will give the $4.5 billion Hopkins system a greater presence in the Washington, DC, region and closer proximity to the National Institutes of Health and its millions of dollars in research funding. Suburban's patients and medical personnel will have easier access to Hopkins personnel and facilities.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- CA Fines 8 Hospitals for Medical Errors
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch