London trusts in chaos as NHS IT system loses waiting lists
Thousands of patients' details have been discovered on "lost" waiting lists at hospitals in London as they struggle with a new computer system installed as part of the government's overhaul of National Health System IT, according to an investigation by The Guardian. The discovery has led many healthcare facilities into a crisis which has already cost tens of millions of pounds in lost revenues and mounting bills for remedial work.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Rural Healthcare Can Entice the Best and Brightest
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- How Medical Debt Forgiveness Benefits Hospitals