Specter says he will examine healthcare proposals 'piece by piece'
Sen. Arlen Specter said his switch to the Democratic Party doesn't mean he will automatically vote for legislation to overhaul healthcare. Specter, who left the Republican Party, has bolstered Democrats' hopes of passing legislation to overhaul healthcare. His switch moves Democrats closer the 60 votes needed to stop a Republican filibuster.
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says
- Better HCAHPS Scores Protect Revenue
- Anthem Blue Cross, 7 CA Health Systems Create New Challenger, Business Model
- Narrow Networks Cut Costs, Not Quality, Economists Say
- Interstate Medical Licensure Effort Advances
- CEO Exchange: Preparing for Population Health
- How to Build a Health Plan from Scratch
- Data Points to Boom in Private HIX
- 'Early Offer' Malpractice Programs May Spur Reform
- Insurers see cost hikes in Partners HealthCare (MA) mergers