Specter says he will examine healthcare proposals 'piece by piece'
Sen. Arlen Specter said his switch to the Democratic Party doesn't mean he will automatically vote for legislation to overhaul healthcare. Specter, who left the Republican Party, has bolstered Democrats' hopes of passing legislation to overhaul healthcare. His switch moves Democrats closer the 60 votes needed to stop a Republican filibuster.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts