Specter says he will examine healthcare proposals 'piece by piece'
Sen. Arlen Specter said his switch to the Democratic Party doesn't mean he will automatically vote for legislation to overhaul healthcare. Specter, who left the Republican Party, has bolstered Democrats' hopes of passing legislation to overhaul healthcare. His switch moves Democrats closer the 60 votes needed to stop a Republican filibuster.
- New G-Codes to Pay Doctors for Broad Array of Non-Face-to-Face Care
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- Telehealth Improves Patient Care in ICUs
- States Rejecting Medicaid Expansion Forgo Billions in Federal Funds
- Douglas Hawthorne—A Chance to Do Something Big
- Hospital M&A Volume Up, Value Down in 3Q
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- 50 Years of Fighting Pressure Ulcers Called Into Question
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots