Hospital death rates to be posted on government Web site in England
The Guardian, May 5, 2009
Death rates of every NHS hospital in England will be published on a government Web site, officials have announced. Health Secretary Alan Johnson said patients will gain access to information about mortality rates to help compare the risks of treatment in different hospitals.
- How Top-Ranked MA Plans Earn Their Stars
- Readmissions: No Quick Fix to Costly Hospital Challenge
- How Hospitals Can Become 'Upstreamists'
- 4 Ways to Lower the Cost to Collect from Self-Pay Patients
- House Calls Key to Pioneer ACO Success
- How Telehealth Pays Off for Providers, Patients
- 4 Tips for Managing Employed Physicians
- WellPoint Dominates Nearly Half of Markets, AMA Says
- Defensive Medicine Still Prevalent Despite Tort Reform
- CMS Offers Some ACOs $114M for 'Upfront' Costs