Hospital death rates to be posted on government Web site in England
The Guardian, May 5, 2009
Death rates of every NHS hospital in England will be published on a government Web site, officials have announced. Health Secretary Alan Johnson said patients will gain access to information about mortality rates to help compare the risks of treatment in different hospitals.
- Governors Push to Expand Role of PAs, Telemedicine
- 3 More Pioneer ACOs Say They Will Quit
- Telemetry Overuse Cost Health System $4.8 Million in One Year
- Why Open Payments Irks Physicians
- Ebola in the U.S.: Reason to Fear, to Hope, to Prepare
- IV Fluids Shortage Continues
- Difficult Patients: It's Not Them, It's You, Doctor
- Overcoming a Payer Mix 'Nightmare'
- Employee Engagement: Make It Meaningful
- Proton Beam Therapy Center Closure Illuminates Costs