Framingham, MA, board approves Newton-Wellesley clinic plan
The Framingham (MA) Planning Board voted to approve an outpatient screening and surgical facility proposed by Newton-Wellesley Hospital, reigniting opposition from supporters of community hospitals in Framingham and Natick. Opponents of the proposal by Newton-Wellesley, a nonprofit institution, say it poses unfair competition to MetroWest's facilities, potentially drawing away so many patients that the for-profit operation could close.
- Providers Lag as Consumers Set Agenda
- Look Beyond Nurse-Patient Ratios
- Esther Dyson Launches Population Health Challenge
- Crisis Spurs Healthcare Payment Reform in Arkansas
- Reform Puts Vise Grips on Physicians
- ICD-10 Delay Alters Provider, Vendor Prep
- Hospital Groups Back NQF Report on Patient Sociodemographics
- NPP Demand Rising Under Value-Based Care Models
- Payment Reform Naysayers 'Better Wake Up'
- Reduce Readmissions by Activating Patients to Do 'Self-Care'