Framingham, MA, board approves Newton-Wellesley clinic plan
The Framingham (MA) Planning Board voted to approve an outpatient screening and surgical facility proposed by Newton-Wellesley Hospital, reigniting opposition from supporters of community hospitals in Framingham and Natick. Opponents of the proposal by Newton-Wellesley, a nonprofit institution, say it poses unfair competition to MetroWest's facilities, potentially drawing away so many patients that the for-profit operation could close.
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Report: Enrollees still face account problems on Healthcare.gov
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US