American College of Surgeons releases statement on medical tourism
In response to the number of patients seeking medical and surgical care overseas increasing in recent years, the American College of Surgeons studied the issue and developed an official "Statement on Medical and Surgical Tourism." The ACS statement "was developed with the patient's interests in mind," according to James Unti, MD, FACS, a medical associate with the ACS Nora Institute for Surgical Patient Safety.
- Governors Push to Expand Role of PAs, Telemedicine
- 3 More Pioneer ACOs Say They Will Quit
- Ebola in the U.S.: Reason to Fear, to Hope, to Prepare
- Why Open Payments Irks Physicians
- Top Provider Billing Mistakes Are Changing
- Difficult Patients: It's Not Them, It's You, Doctor
- Overcoming a Payer Mix 'Nightmare'
- Employee Engagement: Make It Meaningful
- These Algorithms Reduce Readmissions
- Payer Calls for More Primary Care Docs, Team Care