IL-based Silver Cross Hospital eyes free-standing emergency center in Homer
Chicago Tribune, May 20, 2009
The village of Homer Glen in Illinois is close to having one of the state's few free-standing emergency centers, but questions remain over whether it should have a helicopter landing. For months, Joliet-based Silver Cross Hospital has been eyeing an existing medical center where it hopes to develop a free-standing emergency center. The Homer Glen facility would treat about 10,000 patients per year.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- 2015 HIX Premium Hikes May Top 7%