Hospital district signs deal to buy eastern New Orleans hospital, health centers
The Orleans Parish Hospital Service District has entered into an agreement to buy the former Methodist Hospital and other healthcare centers in eastern New Orleans from Universal Health Services, according to the Methodist Health System Foundation. If the purchase goes through, it would mark the first real progress toward the restoration of a full-service in eastern New Orleans, whose residents now have to drive as far as 30 minutes to get emergency care.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal