Hospital district signs deal to buy eastern New Orleans hospital, health centers
The Orleans Parish Hospital Service District has entered into an agreement to buy the former Methodist Hospital and other healthcare centers in eastern New Orleans from Universal Health Services, according to the Methodist Health System Foundation. If the purchase goes through, it would mark the first real progress toward the restoration of a full-service in eastern New Orleans, whose residents now have to drive as far as 30 minutes to get emergency care.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- Safety Net Executives Renew Call to Preserve DSH Payments