Premier Acquires Phase 2 Consulting
Premier healthcare alliance has bolstered its hospital consulting business with the announced acquisition today of Salt Lake City-based Phase 2 Consulting. Details of the deal were not disclosed.
"We believe that P2C's strengths complement Premier's capabilities," says Susan DeVore, Premier's incoming president and CEO. "(This) will help create new opportunities for knowledge-sharing among our alliance hospitals, as well as for the development of new products and services."
P2C, a division of RehabCare Group Inc., specializes in consulting for revenue cycle improvement, including RAC readiness and charge capture, strategic planning, and service line analysis.
In 2008, PCS added more than 60 new customers, along with 225 new customer engagements. Revenue growth for PCS is forecast to be more than 30% for FY2009, on top of 22% growth last year.
"Given the issues hospitals are facing in the current economic environment, we expect demand to continue to grow, especially in the areas of transformational consulting, revenue cycle improvement, supply chain efficiency, and labor management," says Wes Champion, PCS senior vice president. "This acquisition allows PCS to quickly ramp up the capacity and skills necessary to meet anticipated demand."
John Commins is a senior editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- $6.4B Henry Ford, Beaumont Merger Failed on Cultural Hurdles
- Don't Let Nurses Sink Your Bottom Line
- Hospitals Profit On Bloodstream Infections
- Fortunately, Angelina Jolie Isn't On Medicare
- Less Blood Testing for Some Surgeries Safe, Cost Effective
- Lower ED Margins Demand a Better Strategy
- How Chargemaster Data May Affect Hospital Revenue
- Primary Care Docs Average More Hospital Revenue Than Specialists
- House Lawmakers Grill CMS Over Health Exchange Navigators
- ED Physicians Key to Half of Hospital Admissions