Premier Acquires Phase 2 Consulting
Premier healthcare alliance has bolstered its hospital consulting business with the announced acquisition today of Salt Lake City-based Phase 2 Consulting. Details of the deal were not disclosed.
"We believe that P2C's strengths complement Premier's capabilities," says Susan DeVore, Premier's incoming president and CEO. "(This) will help create new opportunities for knowledge-sharing among our alliance hospitals, as well as for the development of new products and services."
P2C, a division of RehabCare Group Inc., specializes in consulting for revenue cycle improvement, including RAC readiness and charge capture, strategic planning, and service line analysis.
In 2008, PCS added more than 60 new customers, along with 225 new customer engagements. Revenue growth for PCS is forecast to be more than 30% for FY2009, on top of 22% growth last year.
"Given the issues hospitals are facing in the current economic environment, we expect demand to continue to grow, especially in the areas of transformational consulting, revenue cycle improvement, supply chain efficiency, and labor management," says Wes Champion, PCS senior vice president. "This acquisition allows PCS to quickly ramp up the capacity and skills necessary to meet anticipated demand."
John Commins is a senior editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- Drug Pricing 'Tantamount to Greed,' Lawmaker Says
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations
- Study Puts Spotlight on Preventing Fall-Related Injuries
- Wanted: Nurse PhDs
- Surgical Checklists Unused in 10% of Hospitals, CMS Data Shows
- The Infection-Busting Treatment Payers Don’t Want to Talk About
- Contradictory Obamacare Rulings Issued by Appellate Courts
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- As HIPAA Breaches Accelerate, Tools Lag
- Doctors Feel Pressure to Accept Risk-based Reimbursement