Premier Acquires Phase 2 Consulting
Premier healthcare alliance has bolstered its hospital consulting business with the announced acquisition today of Salt Lake City-based Phase 2 Consulting. Details of the deal were not disclosed.
"We believe that P2C's strengths complement Premier's capabilities," says Susan DeVore, Premier's incoming president and CEO. "(This) will help create new opportunities for knowledge-sharing among our alliance hospitals, as well as for the development of new products and services."
P2C, a division of RehabCare Group Inc., specializes in consulting for revenue cycle improvement, including RAC readiness and charge capture, strategic planning, and service line analysis.
In 2008, PCS added more than 60 new customers, along with 225 new customer engagements. Revenue growth for PCS is forecast to be more than 30% for FY2009, on top of 22% growth last year.
"Given the issues hospitals are facing in the current economic environment, we expect demand to continue to grow, especially in the areas of transformational consulting, revenue cycle improvement, supply chain efficiency, and labor management," says Wes Champion, PCS senior vice president. "This acquisition allows PCS to quickly ramp up the capacity and skills necessary to meet anticipated demand."
John Commins is a senior editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- CEO Exchange: Preparing for Population Health
- Advocate, NorthShore Deal Would Create 16-Hospital System
- Better HCAHPS Scores Protect Revenue
- 3 Strategies for Retaining Millennial Employees
- Narrow Networks Cut Costs, Not Quality, Economists Say
- Power of price: In South FL and the nation, healthcare costs often are shrouded in secrecy
- Two NY hospitals to offer free hip and knee replacement surgeries for qualifying patients in December
- Hospital mergers may lead to higher prices
- Healthcare data of 1 million NJ patients compromised since 2009
- CEO Exchange: Pressure is On to Partner, Drive Quality