Louisiana House passes bill to block New Orleans hospital land acquisition
New Orleans Times Picayune, June 4, 2009
The Louisiana House voted 94-2 for a proposal to block the acquisition of land for the proposed New Orleans teaching hospital until a key legislative budget panel approves a new financing plan. Critics of the hospital plans cast the bill as a common-sense way to protect private property. But state officials and Louisiana State University executives who run the state's public hospital system warn that it could delay an already lagging project.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US