Dispute at Kentucky-based Norton Healthcare won't affect all Anthem patients
Some seniors received letters unnecessarily from Kentucky-based Norton Healthcare warning about higher hospital costs if Norton and health insurer Anthem don't agree on a contract. People with Anthem's standard Medicare supplements can use any hospital or doctor that accepts traditional Medicare, regardless of whether Anthem and a hospital operator have a contract in force, said Mike Lorch, a vice president of Anthem's Kentucky operations.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- 'Terrible' Patient Becomes Dedicated Nurse