Atlanta-based WellStar Health System threatens to cut ties with Aetna
Atlanta-based WellStar Health System has sent 14,000 letters to patients saying it may terminate its relationship with Aetna insurance company. WellStar senior vice president of managed care Barbara Corey told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution in an email that the letter was intended "to ensure continuity of care and provide information needed to patients to make upcoming benefit decisions, if applicable."
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised