Atlanta-based WellStar Health System threatens to cut ties with Aetna
Atlanta-based WellStar Health System has sent 14,000 letters to patients saying it may terminate its relationship with Aetna insurance company. WellStar senior vice president of managed care Barbara Corey told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution in an email that the letter was intended "to ensure continuity of care and provide information needed to patients to make upcoming benefit decisions, if applicable."
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts