Obama reverts to campaign motto for healthcare agenda
President Obama dismissed those who have expressed skepticism that the nation's healthcare system will be overhauled by Congress this year, saying "yes we can" revise it. In an appearance in the Diplomatic Reception Room of the White House, Obama praised an agreement reached by drug companies to help close a cap in Medicare's prescription drug coverage. He said the pharmaceutical industry's pledge to spend $80 billion over the next decade to reduce the cost of drugs would pay for a portion of his healthcare plan.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers