Healthcare advocates rally on Capitol Hill
Thousands of union members and other advocates of overhauling the healthcare system rallied on Capitol Hill to demand high quality, affordable healthcare for all. Union officials, doctors, patients, and Democratic lawmakers took the stage one-by-one repeating the mantra, "We need healthcare reform in 2009 and we can't wait." Anna Burger, secretary-treasurer of the Service Employees International Union, said the nation's economic crisis makes it clear that "now is the time to act."
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'