VA-based Prince William Health System merges with North Carolina's Novant
Virginia-based Prince William Health System has completed its merger with Novant Health, which says it plans to invest $240 million in the Virginia system. The two systems signed a letter of intent to merge in March and the Federal Trade Commission and the Virginia Attorney General recently gave their blessing on the union. Prince William Health System's announced deal with the Winston-Salem, NC-based Novant came less than a year after its planned acquirer Inova Health System dropped their merger bid in the face of opposition by the same federal regulators.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- 'Terrible' Patient Becomes Dedicated Nurse
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus