VA-based Prince William Health System merges with North Carolina's Novant
Virginia-based Prince William Health System has completed its merger with Novant Health, which says it plans to invest $240 million in the Virginia system. The two systems signed a letter of intent to merge in March and the Federal Trade Commission and the Virginia Attorney General recently gave their blessing on the union. Prince William Health System's announced deal with the Winston-Salem, NC-based Novant came less than a year after its planned acquirer Inova Health System dropped their merger bid in the face of opposition by the same federal regulators.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Rise of the Chief Strategy Officer