Abington (PA) hospital CEO recalls a career full of challenges
Richard L. Jones announced his retirement last week after 29 years, 11 of them as CEO, at Abington (PA) Memorial Hospital. He came to Abington as chief operating officer in 1980. Jones presided over the purchase of Warminster Hospital in 2007 and Central Montgomery Medical Center in 2008. Abington's net revenue of $583 million in 2008 was sixth highest in Philadelphia and the four surrounding counties, according to the Pennsylvania Health Care Cost Containment Council.
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Report: Enrollees still face account problems on Healthcare.gov
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US