Visa card encourages medical tourism growth in South Florida
The Bank of the Bahamas has announced a new Visa card that allows Bahamians 30% to 60% discounts at seven South Florida hospitals. The card, which was in development for two years, is "designed to provide as many persons as possible with access to affordable healthcare," bank executive Vaughn Delaney told the Miami Herald. South Florida facilities accepting the card are Mercy Hospital, Baptist Hospital, Cleveland Clinic Florida, Jackson Memorial, Broward General, Miami Children's, and UM Health Systems.
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013