Mayo Clinic CEO: Medicare payment model is a 'catastrophe'
Denis Cortese, CEO of Mayo Clinic, says the healthcare bill unveiled in the House of Representatives misses a key opportunity to change the way Medicare pays for healthcare. Cortese argued adding a new public plan that covers more people and pays for care the same way as Medicare won't work, because the rapid rise in health costs will continue. “A Medicare model is a catastrophe,” Cortese told the Wall Street Journal Health Blog.
- Healthcare Leaders Seek Strategic Sweet Spot
- 3 Reasons Wellness Programs Fail
- CMS Issues Health Insurance Exchange Proposed Rules
- Patients Shoulder Nearly 25% of Medical Bills
- ACOs Widespread, Yet Challenged
- MGMA: Physician Compensation Increasingly Based on Quality Measures
- 6 CNO-to-CEO Strategies
- Healthcare Costs 'An Abomination' Says Senate Finance Committee Chair
- Healthcare Consolidation: M&A Not the Only Way
- HFMA: Patient Financial Interaction Guidelines Sharpened