AHA Board Elects 7 New Trustees
The American Hospital Association has elected seven new members to its board of trustees for terms beginning Jan. 1, 2010. The board is the policy-making body of the AHA and has ultimate authority for the governance and management of its direction and finances.
New board members are:
- Michael Rock, MD, CMO at Mayo Rochester Hospitals/Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN. He also serves as a consultant to the department of orthopedic surgery at Mayo, is a professor of orthopedics at the College of Medicine, Mayo Clinic. Rock is a member of Mayo's National Policy Board, which seeks to increase dialogue among national stakeholders to improve the healthcare delivery of the country.
- Steven Goldstein, president/CEO for Strong Memorial Hospital of the University of Rochester in Rochester, NY. He also serves as vice president for the University of Rochester Medical Center, president/CEO for Highland Hospital in Rochester, president for Long Term Care for URMC, and president of Strong Partners Health System. Goldstein is an alternate delegate to an AHA regional policy board. He is the past chairman of the Hospital Association of New York State.
- Thomas F. Zenty III, CEO of University Hospitals in Cleveland since 2003. Before that, Zenty was COO at Cedars-Sinai Health System in Los Angeles. Zenty has been a member of the Health Research and Educational Trust board since 2003, and is completing a two-year term as chairman in 2009. He also serves as chair of the AHA Committee on Research and is a member of the AHA's Long-Range Policy Committee. Zenty has been a delegate to the AHA's Metropolitan Hospitals Section and a member of the National Alliance for Health Information Technology, the Task Force on Regulatory Reform and Relief, and the Advisory Panel on Financial Viability Measures.
- Timothy E. Hill, president/CEO of North Arkansas Regional Medical Center in Harrison, AR, since 1998. Before that he was president/CEO at Southwest Hospital in Little Rock, AR, and regional financial manager for Safecare Health Services in Seattle, WA. Hill serves on an AHA regional policy board and is a former chairman of the Arkansas Hospital Association. He has been a member of the American College of Healthcare Executives Regents Advisory Council.
- CEO Exchange: Preparing for Population Health
- Advocate, NorthShore Deal Would Create 16-Hospital System
- Better HCAHPS Scores Protect Revenue
- 3 Strategies for Retaining Millennial Employees
- Narrow Networks Cut Costs, Not Quality, Economists Say
- Power of price: In South FL and the nation, healthcare costs often are shrouded in secrecy
- Two NY hospitals to offer free hip and knee replacement surgeries for qualifying patients in December
- Hospital mergers may lead to higher prices
- Healthcare data of 1 million NJ patients compromised since 2009
- CEO Exchange: Pressure is On to Partner, Drive Quality