Countdown to reform: Gravitational pull of cost threatens liftoff
Sg2 (free registration required), July 30, 2009
The news is not good for President Obama's healthcare reform plan, says Sg2 senior political advisor James Bradford. In the overwhelmingly Democratic House, passage has been regarded as an easy launch, and Speaker Nancy Pelosi had promised a floor vote before the August 8 recess, Bradford notes. But marathon negotiations have failed to produce an agreement between Democrats and the fiscally conservative Blue Dog coalition within their party, he says.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts