Countdown to reform: Gravitational pull of cost threatens liftoff
Sg2 (free registration required), July 30, 2009
The news is not good for President Obama's healthcare reform plan, says Sg2 senior political advisor James Bradford. In the overwhelmingly Democratic House, passage has been regarded as an easy launch, and Speaker Nancy Pelosi had promised a floor vote before the August 8 recess, Bradford notes. But marathon negotiations have failed to produce an agreement between Democrats and the fiscally conservative Blue Dog coalition within their party, he says.
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013