Healthcare hot seat awaits lawmakers on recess
Wall Street Journal, July 31, 2009
Home for summer recess, lawmakers will be more accessible to constituents worried about the direction of the unfinished healthcare legislation. In addition, supporters and opponents plan to pour millions of dollars into television ads, phone banks, and other efforts to shape public opinion. The House adjourns July 31 and the Senate a week later. Five committees are producing their own versions of the healthcare overhaul, in some cases with big differences.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- CMS Releases Hospital Pricing Data
- Esther Dyson's Population Health Dream