Mandela launches children's hospital in Africa
Former President Nelson Mandela has announced the development of the fifth specialist children's hospital in Africa. The Nelson Mandela Children's Hospital in Johannesburg, South Africa, will have a minimum of 200 beds and will house centers for the treatment of cancer, heart, liver, kidney, and other ailments. Construction of the hospital will begin in late 2010 and is expected to be completed in 18 months.
- Providers' Push to Consolidate Roils Payers
- As Retail Clinics Surge, Quality Metrics MIA
- Former NQF Co-Chair Linked to Conflicts of Interest in Journal Probe
- RN Named Chief Patient Experience Officer
- Medicare Cost, Quality Data Tools Weak, Says GAO
- No Employee Satisfaction, No Patient-Centered Culture
- In PCMH, the 'P' is Not for 'Physician'
- Population Health Pays Off for NY Collaborative
- Six Not-So-Good Reasons for Avoiding Population Health
- How Simple Data Analytics is Driving Physician Incentives