Connecticut hospitals announce plans to affiliate
The parent companies of Hartford Hospital and the Hospital of Central Connecticut announced plans to enter into a business affiliation they say will strengthen clinical programs and improve financial efficiency. Under the plan, which requires approval by state and federal regulators, the hospitals would maintain their own medical staffs, bylaws, rules, boards and licenses.
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'
- TJC Warns Hospitals of Deadly Medical Tubing Mistakes
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- The secret committee behind our soaring healthcare costs