In the battle over health reform, do not miss the real story
As Members of Congress returned to their home districts for the August recess, the politicking over healthcare reform found a new gear, writes Sg2 Chairman and CEO Michael Sachs. In about 12 weeks we will know more about where health reform is headed, Sachs says, but it seems increasingly unlikely that Congress will marshal the political support and budgetary math to pass a reform bill that dramatically expands coverage.
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- 4 Crucial Tactics for Reining in Healthcare Cost
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'