Piedmont, Emory sue to ban heart procedure at Lawrenceville, GA, facility
Atlanta Journal-Constitution, August 19, 2009
Emory and Piedmont hospitals have filed lawsuits to prevent Gwinnett Medical Center from starting to perform open-heart surgeries at its Lawrenceville, GA, facility. The lawsuits aim to reverse a state approval of Gwinnett's open-heart program by the commissioner of the state Department of Community Health.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Rural Healthcare Can Entice the Best and Brightest
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- How Medical Debt Forgiveness Benefits Hospitals