RAC Posts Issues for Review in Florida
Connolly Healthcare, the RAC for region C, has now posted issues for review in Florida.
- Untimed Codes
- IV Hydration Therapy
- Once in a lifetime procedures
- Pediatric codes exceeding age parameters
- J2505: Injection, Pegfilgrastim, 6 mg
- Blood transfusions
Note that CMS has not approved bronchoscopy services at this time for Florida providers.
However, CMS has approved the following new issue:
- Clinical social worker (CSW) services. CSW services rendered during an inpatient hospital stay are not separately payable under Medicare Part B; they are included in the facility's prospective payment system (PPS) payment. CSW providers are expected to seek reimbursement from the facility.
Connolly has not yet posted approved issues for other states and territories in the region, including Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Texas, West Virginia, as well as Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
Andrea Kraynak, CPC, is senior managing editor of Medical Records Briefing and HIM Connection. She may be reached at email@example.com.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised