RAC Posts Issues for Review in Florida
Connolly Healthcare, the RAC for region C, has now posted issues for review in Florida.
- Untimed Codes
- IV Hydration Therapy
- Once in a lifetime procedures
- Pediatric codes exceeding age parameters
- J2505: Injection, Pegfilgrastim, 6 mg
- Blood transfusions
Note that CMS has not approved bronchoscopy services at this time for Florida providers.
However, CMS has approved the following new issue:
- Clinical social worker (CSW) services. CSW services rendered during an inpatient hospital stay are not separately payable under Medicare Part B; they are included in the facility's prospective payment system (PPS) payment. CSW providers are expected to seek reimbursement from the facility.
Connolly has not yet posted approved issues for other states and territories in the region, including Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Texas, West Virginia, as well as Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
Andrea Kraynak, CPC, is senior managing editor of Medical Records Briefing and HIM Connection. She may be reached at email@example.com.
- Two-Midnight Rule Must be Fixed or Replaced, Say Providers
- Don't Underestimate Emotional Intelligence
- The Secret to Physician Engagement? It's Not Better Pay
- Care Coordination Tough to Define, Measure
- Yale New Haven Health Partners with Tenet Healthcare in CT
- Physicians Take SGR Repeal Message to Washington
- Size Matters in Antibiotic Overuse
- CDC Warns of Antibiotic Overuse in Hospitals
- 4 Reasons PCMH Principles Aren't Going Away
- SCOTUS Review of NC Board Case 'A Very Big Deal' to Providers