RAC Posts Issues for Review in Florida
Connolly Healthcare, the RAC for region C, has now posted issues for review in Florida.
- Untimed Codes
- IV Hydration Therapy
- Once in a lifetime procedures
- Pediatric codes exceeding age parameters
- J2505: Injection, Pegfilgrastim, 6 mg
- Blood transfusions
Note that CMS has not approved bronchoscopy services at this time for Florida providers.
However, CMS has approved the following new issue:
- Clinical social worker (CSW) services. CSW services rendered during an inpatient hospital stay are not separately payable under Medicare Part B; they are included in the facility's prospective payment system (PPS) payment. CSW providers are expected to seek reimbursement from the facility.
Connolly has not yet posted approved issues for other states and territories in the region, including Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Texas, West Virginia, as well as Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
Andrea Kraynak, CPC, is senior managing editor of Medical Records Briefing and HIM Connection. She may be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Medical Errors Third Leading Cause of Death, Senators Told
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- As States Regulate Provider Competition, Common Threads Emerge
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations
- Chronic Disease Care Costs Get Bipartisan Attention
- CareFirst Announces PCMH Program Results
- Mayo Tops U.S. News Best Hospitals Rankings
- Hospitals Seeking to Understand PPACA Impact Turn to Data
- Telemedicine Providers Welcome AMA Guidelines
- The case for concierge medicine