RAC Posts Issues for Review in Florida
Connolly Healthcare, the RAC for region C, has now posted issues for review in Florida.
- Untimed Codes
- IV Hydration Therapy
- Once in a lifetime procedures
- Pediatric codes exceeding age parameters
- J2505: Injection, Pegfilgrastim, 6 mg
- Blood transfusions
Note that CMS has not approved bronchoscopy services at this time for Florida providers.
However, CMS has approved the following new issue:
- Clinical social worker (CSW) services. CSW services rendered during an inpatient hospital stay are not separately payable under Medicare Part B; they are included in the facility's prospective payment system (PPS) payment. CSW providers are expected to seek reimbursement from the facility.
Connolly has not yet posted approved issues for other states and territories in the region, including Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Texas, West Virginia, as well as Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
Andrea Kraynak, CPC, is senior managing editor of Medical Records Briefing and HIM Connection. She may be reached at email@example.com.
- $6.4B Henry Ford, Beaumont Merger Failed on Cultural Hurdles
- House Lawmakers Grill CMS Over Health Exchange Navigators
- Fortunately, Angelina Jolie Isn't On Medicare
- Don't Let Nurses Sink Your Bottom Line
- How Chargemaster Data May Affect Hospital Revenue
- Uncompensated Care Faces a Double Hit in Some States
- Hospital Pricing Transparency a Marketing Game Changer
- ED Physicians Key to Half of Hospital Admissions
- Primary Care Docs Average More Hospital Revenue Than Specialists
- Insurer's App Aims to Lower Healthcare Costs, Securely