HCA Gets Eco-friendly
"Our intention is to become a leader in environmental practices among healthcare companies," says Alan Yuspeh, senior vice president and chief ethics & compliance officer for Nashville-based HCA. He also serves as chair of HCA's Sustainability Steering Committee. "This signals HCA's commitment to have a comprehensive environmental strategy in concert with our mission of the care and improvement of human life."
Each HCA hospital will appoint a sustainability coordinator, who will lead this effort on behalf of his or her facility. As members of Practice Greenhealth, each HCA hospital will have access to resources and expertise. "We know that challenges lie ahead as we implement additional sustainable practices in our hospitals," Yuspeh says.
Bob Jarboe, executive director of Practice Greenhealth, says he is "thrilled" that HCA has joined his group. "We recognize the tremendous commitment this represents and look forward to working with the folks at HCA as they implement and expand their sustainable, eco-friendly practices throughout their system," he says.
- Drug Pricing 'Tantamount to Greed,' Lawmaker Says
- Study Puts Spotlight on Preventing Fall-Related Injuries
- Surgical Checklists Unused in 10% of Hospitals, CMS Data Shows
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations
- Wanted: Nurse PhDs
- The Infection-Busting Treatment Payers Don’t Want to Talk About
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- Contradictory Obamacare Rulings Issued by Appellate Courts
- As HIPAA Breaches Accelerate, Tools Lag
- Doctors Feel Pressure to Accept Risk-based Reimbursement