HCA Gets Eco-friendly
"Our intention is to become a leader in environmental practices among healthcare companies," says Alan Yuspeh, senior vice president and chief ethics & compliance officer for Nashville-based HCA. He also serves as chair of HCA's Sustainability Steering Committee. "This signals HCA's commitment to have a comprehensive environmental strategy in concert with our mission of the care and improvement of human life."
Each HCA hospital will appoint a sustainability coordinator, who will lead this effort on behalf of his or her facility. As members of Practice Greenhealth, each HCA hospital will have access to resources and expertise. "We know that challenges lie ahead as we implement additional sustainable practices in our hospitals," Yuspeh says.
Bob Jarboe, executive director of Practice Greenhealth, says he is "thrilled" that HCA has joined his group. "We recognize the tremendous commitment this represents and look forward to working with the folks at HCA as they implement and expand their sustainable, eco-friendly practices throughout their system," he says.
- Two-Midnight Rule Must be Fixed or Replaced, Say Providers
- Don't Underestimate Emotional Intelligence
- The Secret to Physician Engagement? It's Not Better Pay
- Care Coordination Tough to Define, Measure
- CDC Warns of Antibiotic Overuse in Hospitals
- SCOTUS Review of NC Board Case 'A Very Big Deal' to Providers
- Yale New Haven Health Partners with Tenet Healthcare in CT
- Physicians Take SGR Repeal Message to Washington
- Size Matters in Antibiotic Overuse
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion