HCA Gets Eco-friendly
"Our intention is to become a leader in environmental practices among healthcare companies," says Alan Yuspeh, senior vice president and chief ethics & compliance officer for Nashville-based HCA. He also serves as chair of HCA's Sustainability Steering Committee. "This signals HCA's commitment to have a comprehensive environmental strategy in concert with our mission of the care and improvement of human life."
Each HCA hospital will appoint a sustainability coordinator, who will lead this effort on behalf of his or her facility. As members of Practice Greenhealth, each HCA hospital will have access to resources and expertise. "We know that challenges lie ahead as we implement additional sustainable practices in our hospitals," Yuspeh says.
Bob Jarboe, executive director of Practice Greenhealth, says he is "thrilled" that HCA has joined his group. "We recognize the tremendous commitment this represents and look forward to working with the folks at HCA as they implement and expand their sustainable, eco-friendly practices throughout their system," he says.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- New G-Codes to Pay Doctors for Broad Array of Non-Face-to-Face Care
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- States Rejecting Medicaid Expansion Forgo Billions in Federal Funds
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Substance Abuse Resurfaces Among Anesthesiologists in Training
- Safety Net Executives Renew Call to Preserve DSH Payments