HCA Gets Eco-friendly
"Our intention is to become a leader in environmental practices among healthcare companies," says Alan Yuspeh, senior vice president and chief ethics & compliance officer for Nashville-based HCA. He also serves as chair of HCA's Sustainability Steering Committee. "This signals HCA's commitment to have a comprehensive environmental strategy in concert with our mission of the care and improvement of human life."
Each HCA hospital will appoint a sustainability coordinator, who will lead this effort on behalf of his or her facility. As members of Practice Greenhealth, each HCA hospital will have access to resources and expertise. "We know that challenges lie ahead as we implement additional sustainable practices in our hospitals," Yuspeh says.
Bob Jarboe, executive director of Practice Greenhealth, says he is "thrilled" that HCA has joined his group. "We recognize the tremendous commitment this represents and look forward to working with the folks at HCA as they implement and expand their sustainable, eco-friendly practices throughout their system," he says.
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- 4 Crucial Tactics for Reining in Healthcare Cost
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- How, and Why, to Recruit Male Nurses